DQ and Blog

I found this article to be very interesting and very relevant to our society today. Sports are such a large part of American culture, and quite honestly, certain sports, teams etc are sometimes even ways in which we describe a particular person. I intern at a sports marketing agency and the countless ways each and every day we are able to incorporate sports into something new that we haven't done before simply amazes me. As a girl, and not an overly avid sports fan, I always used to look at it with a "who cares" attitude, but the more that we look at it in relation to the media in general and where they meet each other is amazing to me and I think Johnson hits it spot on in his article.

DQ: Do you think that sports programming can define someone's overall self? If so, do you think that this is due to the way that sports programming has been incorporated into media so heavily today?