Main | wine »

Day One

I am really excited to start keeping records of my of my consumer needs and wants. I have been trying to save money lately, but for some reason I just can’t stop buying stuff. The day before this class began, my friend and I worked on figuring out where all my money was going. I came to the conclusion that I love grocery stores, socializing at restaurants, and drinking espresso at coffee shops. So this next month of looking for patterns in my life will be very educational for me. I am a little nervous that I will find more habits that I need to work on after this month. So it’s time to get started:

So I woke up around 10. Had a piece of toast and left the house. I drive to school or work everyday, which is not very green of me, but I am not a fan of the bus either. I was feeling pretty lucky because today all the lights were green and I found a FREE parking spot by my work (on the east bank). Since I found such prime parking I decided to take the campus connecter to class instead of driving.

Time: 10am-noon
Location: Loring Park to The Daily
Feeling: Lucky
Cost: Free (my gas tank is full)

Right now I am at a Lori’s drinking a medium skim chai (my favorite drink here). I need a little pick-me-up before class starts and I have been craving a sweet drink all morning.

Time: 12:00
Location: St. Paul
Feeling: Cold and tired
Cost: $3.00

I went to work after class, then drove home during rush hour (bad idea). At home I drank a little hot chocolate with whip cream and then had a cheese quesadilla for dessert.

At around 6:00 Tera and I decided to take a little trip to Trader Joes to stock up on wine. I am like a kid in a candy shop when it comes to grocery stores, I never leave empty handed. So instead of sticking to wine I ended up buying groceries as well. While in the store a man was giving out wine samples, all of which were too expensive for me to actually buy.

Time: 6:54-7:10pm
Location: St. Louis Park
Feeling: happy (free wine samples) and cold
Cost: food= $24.46
Wine=$9.80

Once we got back, Tera whipped up some potato skins and we had some wine. Burton came over and we did some homework. Then I made a cold pasta for lunch tomorrow.

Daily Total: $37.26