CSOM MBA has Endless Opportunities

Interestingly enough, what I pursued the MBA degree for, has significantly changed within just one year. I joined the program in pursuit of getting a MBA done while completing all of the credits to sit for the CPA exam. Now, I find my self on the Leadership Advisory Board for the part-time program, I am an ambassador, and am going to at least one event per month to network.

The Leadership Advisory Board(LAB) is great; I am a representative for the part-time student body that gets to voice what things are going well for students and what things are opporutinities for change. I was a part of a committe that gave input for the new assistant dean that is going to be hired. The experience and development of good friends through the LAB was unexpected, and very beneficial.

Most people do not know it, but you can get all the credits you need through the CSOM MBA program to be able to sit for the CPA exam. This is important because, if you are like me, you cannot sit for the exam. I am a financial planner; I do not have an accounting degree or direct qualified experience, my only option is to go through the coursework. Again, another interesting perspective of a different reason to be in the program.

As an ambassador, I get to represent the program and help recruit MBA prospects to CSOM. I go to lunches and help answer questions, I help answer questions for students that are thinking about the MBA, and I participate in other events at school to help people as well. Not only is it fun to help people, but again I am meeting graet people that I can network with or help in other ways.

Lastly, and most importanly, I did not understand the possibilities that were to be with networking opportunities. At all the events, by default, I get to network with great valued and successful people. There are numerous specific events just for networking. This is so important because of all the opportunities that are presented, and I did not understand the depth of it.