University of Minnesota
http://www.umn.edu/
612-625-5000

Campuses:

CLA Language Center
> About Us > Language Center News > Conversations in the Language Center: World Languages Day!

Conversations in the Language Center: World Languages Day!

The Language Center is starting a new audio podcast series titled Conversations in the Language Center. We will be presenting and discussing a variety of topics revolving around the Language Center including technology in the foreign language curriculum, languages across the curriculum, opportunities for speaking languages with partners from other cultures, and initiatives of the Language Center highlighting center staff and programs.

Our first episode focuses on World Languages Day, which this year is May 18th. Listen to these conversations:

• Stephanie Treat the World Languages Day Coordinator interviewed by Zhen Zou, Educational Specialist at the Language Center on WLD planning

• Rick Treece, a past instructor on World Languages Day, talking with the Language Center's Technical Coordinator, Diane Rackowski

• Teran Pederson, a current University student who is working on planning WLD this year and is a past student participant talking to the Language Center's IT Fellow, Lindsey Lahr

Stay tuned as Alyssa Ruesch tells us about the latest news and events at the Language Center. This podcast is hosted by the Language Center Director, Dan Soneson.

Download Episode 1 of LC Podcast - World Languages Day

Zhen has such a delightful, friendly voice - good choice for our initial interview:) Stephanie, you speak clearly enough to be on NPR! Rick I want to go to your WLD class on the resistance!

Very nice, I loved the multiple perspectives of this great event and you all sounded so articulate and enthusiastic! Congratulations on the first of what I hope are many more podcasts.

It seems like I have missed a great event?

Go to the CLA home page.

Twin Cities Campus: