Did you know that the Language Center employs approximately twice as many undergraduate student staff as continuing non-student staff? Our undergraduate student staff provide primary assistance to students and instructors in public areas like the Main Office and Multimedia Lab, and also provide support to smaller teams like the Dev Studio and TandemPlus. The Language Center could not run without our dedicated and skilled undergraduate team members.
The Student Employee Leadership Program (SELP) provides an opportunity to recognize student employees who go above and beyond expectations in their work at the university through the annual SELPie awards for Outstanding Student Employees. The 2013 winners from the Language Center are:
- Abdulkarim Maalin: Testing Assistant and Somali LPE Developer
- Francisco Salinas Vega: World Language Day Assistant
- Jessica Troyan: Classroom Support Lead Student
- Henry Wahl: Main Office Lead Student
- Alaina Witt: Dev Studio Assistant and AV Developer