Main | my ride »

MS150

Hey all bloggers in the happy internet-land. I've just signed up for the MS150 bike ride and would like to let everybody know how my fund raising is coming along.

I'll be riding a fixed gear bicycle - you know, the kind with only one speed - no you can't stop pedaling - when the wheels are moving, the crank arms are turning. Also, I'll be riding on a team - you know, with other people - all riding either fixed gear bikes or bikes with a freewheeling single speed. We pledge no gears and no spandex for this 150-mile ride, spread over two days in June, hot and sweaty June.

As of right now (~1640), I've got 25 bucks USD in the pot. I'm hoping for more than that, of course. My personal goal is to raise 1k USD.

2007feb26ms.jpg

As a university of MN student for many long years, this is my first time riding the MS-150. Any help from fellow U of MN'ers would be great. I'm a long time bike commuter, a some-time century rider, a dog-lover, music listener, beer drinkerer, and all around good guy.

I'm even pledging to have some sort of get-together for people who sponsor me. So if anyone does indeed get the urge, make sure I have a way of getting hold of you for this gathering at a location and time of my choosing.

Cheers,

Mark

This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like 'Mixview' that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you're listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of "neighbors" will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune "Social" is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.