The Drupal Platform and Community

Drupal as a Platform

You may know Drupal as the platform behind our web presence.  But Drupal is much more than simply a CMS, it's a software development framework.  I'll have a number of Drupal implementations on-hand for you to play with, ones that show just how far Drupal can be taken.  I'll also be available to answer questions about its capabilities and field your ideas for services that it can support within the U Libraries.

The two Drupal "Distributions" that I'll be demoing are as follows:

I'll also have a Drupal Gardens site demo available for you to poke at.  Drupal Gardens is a hosted Drupal service provided by the commercial Drupal provider, Acquia. Drupal Gardens is probably about the easiest way to get started with learning the application side of Drupal.

Drupal, It's Made of People

The University of Minnesota Libraries has been using Drupal Content Management System since the relatively early days of Drupal itself.  And we've helped to make Drupal better along the way by hosting usability testing, hosting "code sprints" and through individual contributions of our employees.  Come on by the booth to learn more about our involvement, to learn what a "code sprint" is, or find out how you too can help to make Drupal better.

I also created the obligatory short (prezi) slideshow for this piece.

I enjoyed your Open Atrium installation. It's on drupal 7 and it's much better than the 6 versions. I'm trying to install 7 now to my test server and waiting to be stable..

What is Drupal?
Who is Drupal?
Where is Drupal?
Next

Drupal is enterprise-ready and invading Fortune 500 companies.

Next

Boris Mann
Drupal evangelist

Drupal is more than a publishing platform; it's also a hair style.

Next

Fixed gear Drupal bike

Drupal gets everywhere by bike.

Right

About Drupal.com
Drupal.com is a project of Dries Buytaert, the Drupal project founder and lead, to promote Drupal. Bookmark it and check back often — just like Drupal, it's always moving. It might become something bigger in the future ...
groups.drupal.org
Be a part of the Drupal community
planet.drupal.org
Stay on top of the Drupal action
drupal.org
Get Drupal + Get started

What do these ads pay for?

Contact / Photo credits
Want your ad here?
Drupal trademark policy

Agreed RE Nasri. Quite similar to Messis first the night actually. Ball sticking to his feet like glue, dancing through 3 or 4 of them and slotting it home like theres nowt to it. Hes literally untouchable. Its a shame to see people just bring him down but at the same time a tribute to his talent in a very strange sort of way, lol. Seems like every other player on the planet just hasnt got a clue what to do when hes infront of them, hell make some of the best in the world look thoroughly amature, whilst making it look stupidly simple. The fact hes only 22 just makes it worse.