The Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service offers you a chance to put your talents towards affecting change. Spend your summer in service while getting a hands-on learning experience in Washington, DC.
This summer's IPVS application deadline has been extended to March 25, 2010 with scholarship funding available. You still have the opportunity to be placed in an internship that puts you on the front-lines of our nation's recovery and renewal.
Spend your summer taking action and making an impact in the community. With IPVS you can:
- Provide families with educational programs that COMBAT childhood obesity.
- Help to ADVANCE public health by conducting intake interviews.
- Facilitate enrichment opportunities for at-risk youth that ENCOURAGE future successes.
- TRANSLATE legal service documents and consultations for
- Raise money and awareness for diseases that AFFECT millions.
- Provide DIRECT emergency services to clients at a homeless shelter.
- Research nonprofit policy and REPORT on agency benefits.
- ENGAGE the local community in a park clean-up that revitalizes urban green spaces.
Find more information and the application material here.