myU OneStop

Do What Matters

U-YMCA Community Leadership Intern Program- Application due Nov 1

The Community Leadership Intern Program places interested undergraduate students in 12-15 hour a week internships at community organizations for the spring semester of each year. In addition to the internship, students attend a weekly seminar that centers around ethical leadership. Participating students receive six credits in addition to real-life experience working in the non-profit field.

Here is what previous interns had to say about the program

"I had a great experience. It [CLIP] helped me figure out where I want to work and in what field. I also learned marketable skills to add to my resume and gained great reference."

"I loved it! It was a wonderful stepping stone into my final years in school."

"It is worthwhile in its professional development, exposure to a sector not many consider, and the lessons taught in seminars. I believe it has led me in the right direction for future success."

This is a wonderful opportunity for all students. Applications are available at the U-Y(University Ave and 18th) or online at the U-Y website. The application deadline is November 1st.

For more information check out the Program Page or email y-interns@ymcampls.org.