The Jandris Center for Innovative Higher Education is in need of an Undergraduate Research Assistant for 15-19 hours per week for the fall and spring semester. The salary is $9.14/hour for first-year and sophomore students and $10.25/hour for juniors and seniors.
Duties: Assist with developing the Jandris Center for Innovative Higher Education, including:
1. (25%) Using Internet search engines to conduct online research for publications.
2. (25%) Highly accurate with data entry for the Center web site.
3. (5%) Assist with interlibrary loan requests for documents.
4. (15%) Assist with special event activities.
5. (15%) Provide clerical assistance for the Center staff.
6. (5%) Help monitor the Center's social media channels.
7. (10%) Perform additional tasks as needed
1. Enrollment as an undergraduate at the University of Minnesota in good academic standing.
2. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
3. Ability to conduct literature searchers
4. Ability to work autonomously.
5. Meticulous attention to detail.
6. Commitment to meeting deadlines.
1. Knowledge and skill with data base management.
2. Experience with instructional and learning technologies.
3. Knowledge and experience with use of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and others.
1. Letter of application detailing strengths in relation to the qualifications
2. Current resume or vita.
3. College transcript.
4. Names, titles, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references (including faculty member) that can speak to the relevant qualifications of the applicant.
Apply to: David Arendale
Department of Postsecondary Teaching and Learning
University of Minnesota
225 Burton Hall
178 Pillsbury Dr. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Phone: 612 625-2928
Fax: 612 625-0709
Applications will be accepted until the position filled.