myU OneStop

Do What Matters

How The Government Got in Your Back Yard: Superweeds, Frankenhoods, Lawn Wars, and the (Nonpartisan)Truth About Environmental Policies

Author and University of Minnesota associate professor Jeff Gillman will discuss his book, How The Government Got in Your Back Yard, at the University of Minnesota Bookstore on Wednesday, May 4 at 4:00 p.m.

Who: Jeff Gillman
What: Discussion and Book Signing
When: Wednesday, May 4 at 4:00 p.m.
Where: University of Minnesota Bookstore
300 Washington Ave. S.E. Minneapolis
Contact: Kari Erpenbach, University of Minnesota Bookstore (612) 625-6564, kari@umn.edu

MINNEAPOLIS, MN- Author and University of Minnesota associate professor Jeff Gillman will discuss his book, How The Government Got in Your Back Yard: Superweeds, Frankenhoods, Lawn Wars, and the (Nonpartisan)Truth About Environmental Policies, on Wednesday, May 4 at 4:00 p.m. at the University of Minnesota Bookstore in Coffman Memorial Union, 300 Washington Ave. S.E. Minneapolis.

How the Government Got in Your Backyard goes beyond the politics to uncover the scientific, nonpartisan truth behind the biggest environmental issues of our time, from pesticides to plant patents, alternative energy to global warming. Be prepared to be surprised and maybe to lose a few cherished assumptions along the way. Discover how the facts behind the issues offer a fair shot at an informed decision while turning everything you believed about environmental policy on its head.

Gillman will sign copies of his book following the discussion. This event is free and open to the public. For more information, or to order a signed copy visit www.bookstore.umn.edu/genref/authors.html.

I have not checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are good quality so I guess I'll add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it friend :)