Walk-In Hours with Minnesota GreenCorps
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
411 Science Teaching and Student Services Building (Career Services)
Minnesota GreenCorps is an AmeriCorps program focused on the environment. Stop by our office to talk to a current MN GreenCorps service member and ask any questions you have about MN GreenCorps or AmeriCorps. You can also get information about applying for positions that start in September 2011.
All U of M students (all majors) are welcome. Just stop by our office anytime between 1 and 3 p.m. on April 12.
ABOUT MINNESOTA GREENCORPS: Launched in 2009, the goal of this statewide initiative is to help preserve and protect Minnesota's environment while training a new generation of environmental professionals. The MN GreenCorps program places AmeriCorps members with local governments, educational institutions, and non-profit organizations around Minnesota. The program is coordinated by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency.
If you work with MN GreenCorps, you'll be in a full-time position for 11 months, beginning this September. You'll receive a living allowance of at least $12,100 spread over the 11-month term.
Below are some of the other benefits of participating in MN GreenCorps:
- living allowance of at least $12,100
- education award of $5,350 to be used toward loans or tuition (upon completion of program)
- you'll gain valuable skills and experience in the environmental field
- you'll give back to your community and help improve the environment
- offer of health insurance
- offer of child care assistance
- loan forbearance
- personal and professional development opportunities
Below are some of the topics you might focus on with MN GreenCorps:
- energy conservation and air quality
- waste prevention and recycling
- living green outreach
- green infrastructure
Questions? Contact Emily Cronk, CLA Career Services / Employer Relations, 612-624-7577, email@example.com