Need help with ANY campus-based problem or concern? The Student Conflict
Resolution Center (SCRC) is here to assist you.The most common types of problems it helps students with include:
- Grading or instructional complaints
- Financial and billing conflicts
- Graduate advising concerns
- Scholastic or behavioral misconduct
- Academic incivility
Services are free and confidential. Contact SCRC online or phone at 612.624.7272, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book Signings & Discussions on-campus
Legendary Minnesota musician and songwriter Paul Metsa will discuss his book, Blue Guitar Highway, at the University of Minnesota Bookstore on Wednesday, October 26 at 4:00 p.m.
University of Minnesota professor and author Nabil Matar will discuss his book, Britain and the Islamic World, 1558-1713, at the University of Minnesota Bookstore on Thursday, October 27 at 4:00 p.m.
Women of Color Student Summit: Safe Spaces, Critical Connections
November 7, 2011
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Coffman Memorial Union
Join the Women of Color for a one-day summit - featuring workshops, panels and discussions, a networking lunch, resource/information fair and a keynote presentation, "Women of Color and Leadership: Making a Difference From the Inside Out," - for women of color undergraduate and graduate students with a focus on community, leadership, activism, and dialogue. Open to U of M & non-U of M students. Registration is $25 (Scholarships are available upon request. No one will be turned away for financial reasons.)
For more information and to register: z.umn.edu/wocsummit
Be a part of change in Minneapolis
The proposed budget is available at www.minneapolisparks.org (select left link "About MPRB" then "Park Board Budget") or by calling 612-230-6400. The public may comment on the proposed budget during the following times:
- Nov. 9, Public Comment Session - Administration and Finance Committee meeting, MPRB Headquarters, 2117 West River Road, Minneapolis. The Committee meeting will follow the Board's regular meeting at 5 pm
- Nov. 22, Public Comment Session - Regular Board meeting, MPRB Headquarters, 2117 West River Road, Minneapolis, at 5 pm
- Dec. 14, Public Hearing - City of Minneapolis public hearing on City levy and 2012 Budget, City Hall, Council Chambers Room 317, 350 South 5th Street, Minneapolis, at 6 pm
How am I doing? Let me know at email@example.com!