Build your resume with over 100 hours of volunteer service!
Develop your personal leadership style, facilitate small group discussions, and gain valuable public speaking skills while leading a group of new students through their first week on campus. Applications to become a 2012 Welcome Week Leader are due Wednesday, February 22.
Youth Activities Leader - Summer Employment
University of Minnesota Youth and Community Programs needs energetic, responsible, experienced, and caring adults to lead youth activities for ages 5-15 this summer! Open to students from any university and other adults from the community. Hours available are partial day or full day, Monday - Friday.
Looking for individuals who have:
- Experience working with youth between ages 5-15
- Experience leading activities or supervising groups of youth
- Willing and able to swim, play, and participate with youth throughout the day
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of responsibility & leadership
- Pass the criminal background check and reference checks
- See additional information about requirements and preferred qualifications online
To find out more information or apply to postings, please visit: http://employment.umn.edu and search postings for "Summer Camp Group Leader"
- Full Day, U of M Student: Requisition number 176400
- Full Day, Non-U of M / All Other: Requisition number 176402
- Partial Days, U of M Student: Requisition number 176403
- Partial Days, Non-U of M / All Other: Requisition number 176404
Interviews will take place on March 6, 7, 9, 13, 21, 22 and additional dates if needed.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you have any questions, please direct them to Carole McNaughton-Commers at firstname.lastname@example.org
UROP-Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program
Find out how to partner with a faculty member on a paid research project in your area of interest. UROP awards include a stipend of up to $1400 for the hours you work and up to $300 in expense money. Deadline is February 27 for summer/fall projects. Learn more...
Exploring Interests and Majors event
This free event is Wednesday, February 29 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. in Coffman Union. Stop by for information about the U of M's academic majors, or about the many resources and activities available to all students. Talk directly with advisers and career counselors, or browse on your own. Learn more...