It is almost here! Next Friday, August 17th, EngageUMN will be out in full-force with the launching of our new website!
The website has been almost a year in the making and encompasses, we hope, the best combination of user friendly features, design, and a focus on helping you find the opportunities you want to Engage in on and off-campus!
Why is this website such a big deal? The Engage Search is going to be included in our website! The search will now be integrated into the heart and soul of OSE, bringing a comprehensive collection of every engagement opportunity we discover (and those that you our readers help us discover) in one place. Beyond adding the Engage! search to the website the site will also include:
- Information on and about engagement based on who you are: student, faculty/staff, family/friends and the community beyond the University
- Quick tips and tutorials about how our tools can help you find opportunities to get involved and be "engaged" outside the classroom
- Videos, pictures, and student stories that illustrate the true meaning and benefits of getting involved and making meaning of that involvement
- Presentation templates that can be used in classes or workshops to talk about student engagement and marketing templates that can be used to help U of M departments promote opportunities as "engagement" opportunities
- Links to information and resources that can help you better understand the impact that becoming an engaged member of the community and in your life can impact your future!
These efforts are all geared towards helping you make the best of your college experience. Don't just get involved, be engaged in opportunities that matter to you.
Are there things you'd like to see included on the website? Tell us!
All of us at OSE are getting really excited for the final phases of the EngageUMN launch when the website, Facebook page, Twitter account, and blog come together as one big family next week!