National Student Exchange is a network of nearly 200 U.S. and Canadian colleges and universities. Undergrads can go on exchange for a semester or a year to another school in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Canada! NSE is AFFORDABLE! Most students pay U of M tuition while on exchange and most financial aid applies.
There are many reasons to participate in NSE:
- Live in a different geographic location (like Hawaii, Maine, US Virgin Islands, Alaska, and many places in between!)
- Gain access to different courses and faculty at another school. You can choose from approximately 550 majors/minors!
- Evaluate a school you might attend later for graduate studies.
- Research another job market and network or look for jobs there.
- Pursue internship opportunities outside of Minnesota.
- Pursue language study (improve your Spanish at a school in Puerto Rico or work on your French at a school in Quebec!)
- Experience different cultures and traditions.
- Study at a Historically Black College or University (HBCU).
- Grow personally, academically, and professionally!
Applications to participate in NSE during the 2012/2013 school year are due before February 17th, 2012. (If you miss this deadline, come and talk to us as many schools will still have openings.)
If you'd like more information:
Visit www.offcampusstudy.umn.edu/nse and sign up for an info session
Visit www.nse.org for a list of NSE schools
Contact an NSE advisor at 612-626-2044, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 240 Appleby Hall
The University of Minnesota McNair Scholars Program is pleased to announce we are accepting applications for Summer 2012. Please see below information about the McNair Scholars program including: program-at-a-glance, qualifications, application deadline, and where to get more information.
The goal of McNair Scholars is to give undergraduate students intensive, faculty-driven research experiences and prepare students for entry into and success in graduate school. McNair Scholars program is a 10 week summer research program where students will:
- Receive a $ 3000.00 stipend throughout the summer
- Be paired up with a professor to work on their research
- Learn how to develop a quality research paper
- Receive help with the application process (i.e. identify graduate programs, write a personal statement, and create a curriculum vita)
- Present their research at poster sessions held here at the U of M
- Most importantly, develop a great relationship with a professor that is invaluable in terms of getting admitted into graduate school
First generation college student and low income, or from an underrepresented group, and a GPA of 2.75 and above. You must be a full time sophomore or junior and a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident.
Application deadline: February 6, 2012
For more information: http://www.cehd.umn.edu/trio/mcnair
Visit us on Facebook: TRiO McNair Scholars /University of Minnesota
How to get a McNair application:
Applications can be picked up in 40 Education Sciences Building from 8:30 to 4:30, M-F. For those not at the U of M, please contact Anthony Albecker via email and we will make arrangements to get the application to you. And, when you come in, be sure to ask if a staff member is available, as we will be happy to meet you.
Additionally, the McNair staff is hosting two McNair Open Houses for prospective scholars. Staff will be on hand to answer questions about the program and application process and provide feedback on your personal statements. Click here to view upcoming Open House times and to sign up.
For more information you can contact Anthony Albecker via email email@example.com.
Panel Discussion Tonight! Women of Color in the Academia
Tonight, Monday, November 28th at 5:00P.M. in Coffman Memorial Union in room 211, there will be a small panel of women that
will talk about their experiences at the University of Minnesota. This panel is featuring Rose Brewer and Reina Rodriguez. This event is FREE and OPEN to the public; therefore it does not matter what race, gender, sexuality and nationality you are from because everyone is welcome to attend! Dinner will be provided!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org