The 2012-2013 Learning Abroad Center Volunteer Abroad Programs Have Been Finalized! Come find out more about the Winter Break and Spring Break opportunities in Ecuador, Guatemala and Ghana!
April 19 at 4 p.m.
110 and 214 Heller Hall
Spend your break making a difference! Learn more about new volunteer opportunities available for Winter Break and Spring Break. These short-term, non-credit programs will go to Ghana in the winter and Ecuador and Guatemala during Spring Break. LAC staff and partner organizations will be on hand to answer your questions. Join us for any or all sessions that interest you. Pizza will be provided. For more information, contact Scott Daby at email@example.com
Guatemala (4 p.m., 110 Heller Hall)
- Enjoy the picturesque, colonial city of Antigua next spring break while volunteering, taking informal Spanish language lessons, and exploring Guatemala culture through a homestay.
- Personalize your volunteer experience by engaging in an area of interest to you, such as health, education, construction, and social work.
Ecuador (4:20 p.m., 110 Heller Hall)
- Engage with the local community through volunteering, host family stay, and excursions near Otavalo, home of Ecuador's largest artisan market
- Volunteer placements may include education, sustainable resource management, social services, and public health.
Ghana (4:40 p.m., 214 Heller Hall)
- Spend nearly 2 weeks in the heart of the culturally rich Ashanti Region in Kumasi, Ghana volunteering at a locally-run school and orphanage.
- Experience Ghanaian music and dance, language, and tradition cooking classes. Visit local and national sites on day trips and an overnight excursion.