Pressure vessels are regulated by many different agencies OSHA, MNDOLI, ASME, ANSI, API, DOT. This will not be a complete list of every regulation that applies to pressure vessels. It is intended to be used a guide for where to look for the specific regulation that applies to your situation. UNCG's safety manual: provides a rather comprehensive list.
• OSHA Standards for General Industry 29 CFR 1910
• The Department of Transportation's (DOT) Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA)- Regulations
DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations 49 CFR 171-179 • DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations 14 CFR 103
• Compressed Gas Association (CGA)
Pamphlet No./ Description
P-1-1965, In-plant Handling, Storage and Use
S-1.1-1963 & 1965 addenda, Pressure Relief Devices
8-1.2-1963, Pressure Relief Devices
• AGA (American Gas Association)
• ANSI Z48.1 - 1954, 1965 "