End:Beginning::Antlers:Deer

Ivory Tower 2009 cover imageDearest Dearies,

What a truly wonderful year. I can't help but sniffle a bit when I think that it is over for the 2009 staff. For the new staff coming in, welcome--you will have the time of your life. For all of you writers who were published, this is beginning of your long climb toward [sic] egotisticality. For those of you who submitted, but were not included in our print issue, I want to thank you for your submissions also. I have to say that the work we received this year was a really tough batch to decipher. There were a number of great submissions, and a few of us took to pouting when our favorites were not selected. Verdict: keep writing, keep submitting, don't stop--your words are inspiring. We really look forward to seeing your names again next year.

As for you crazies out there, those of you who put some of that sweet greenback dollar bill lovin' into our Not-for-Profit account, I send a resounding THANK YOU! Because of people like you, who care about the future of our undergraduate literary community, more emerging writers will have a chance to get their foot in the door. What's more, students like me will get to experience and learn crucial skills that will really help them be active members of the professional community--this means even more than just the lit community, but a wider community that needs entry level employees who know how to fundraise, write letters, work in a team environment, and meet goals.
This whole Ivory Tower thing is for you, too.

I must also say that I have made many friends and enjoyed every minute of this process, even on those late nights scrambling to get designs in order, or pieces edited. We had a really good run, and I think that much is due to our fearless advisor, Terri Sutton. You will be missed. Thank you for being awesome.

Finally, I want to send a shout to significant others, family, friends, readers, supporters, and even those few who felt compelled to start competing literary magazines. We could not have done this without you. Thank you.

I am going to miss all of the warm and frustrating moments we had.

Until next time, Ivory Tower, stay free and super-interesting to read and don't forget to wear your jacket on those rainy days and brush your teeth and don't let anyone tell you they don't think you're pretty and stay in school.

Nostalgicallly,

Dixon Bordiano
Co-Editor in Chief

P.S. Good luck Shantha!

This page contains a single entry by bord0082 published on May 13, 2009 5:57 PM.

Ivory Tower on Radio K was the previous entry in this blog.

100% Satisfaction Guaranteed is the next entry in this blog.