25 Years Later...

My 25th birthday has come and gone. It was a beautiful day. Sunny with a few clouds and a light breeze. I could feel fall coming, which signals the first day of school ever since I was a little girl. I spent the day at the spa, completely indulging myself with a Viche Shower invigorating body scrub and a pedicure. I chose the color "Quarter of a Cent-Cherry" in honor of my birthday treat. At night Steve and I went to Wildfire in Eden Prairie (what a wonderful surprise!) and he presented me with diamond earrings. He sure knows the way to a girl's heart! We had the most amazing date. Very romantic and wonderful food. I highly recommend the Chopped Tomato and Red Onion salad. It is my favorite! Check out the menu if you are interested:

http://www.wildfirerestaurant.com/second_level/menu/dinner.htm

In any case, my birthday was also celebrated with a Greed night with my family and a trip to Ghastof's for a boot with my friends. All in all, it was pretty amazing! A great way to end the summer and get prepared for the chaos that is graduate school.

Before I sign off, I thought I would shed a little light into the purpose of my new blog. After a successful first twenty-five years, I am looking forward to happens in the next chapter of my life. I felt a blog would be a wonderful way to chronicle my journey through graduate school and to see my progress towards achieving my personal and professional goals. I am hoping that visitors will get a little insight into my life - to learn my curiosities, comment on my neverending questions about life, and to get a glimpse of what it is like to be a 25-year-old American girl - and to find out what that really means! Please be patient with me...I know I will not be as disciplined as an experienced blogger. And, my entries will range from social life to politics, health to academia. Hopefully, something for everyone! I'm hopeful that this blog will be an outlet for me, to share my thoughts and questions, and send them off into the dark abyss of the internet.

So, welcome to the next chapter of my life! Fasten your seatbelts - it's going to be a crazy ride!

Libby Plowman