Employment Opportunities

Carleton College seeks a Licensed Psychologist to provide general counseling services to students. This is a full time, ten-month professional position, working mid August through mid June. Please visit www.carleton.edu for a complete position description and minimum qualifications. If interested, please send letter of interest (including where you learned about this position), resume, and contact information for three references to Human Resources, Strong House, One North College Street, Northfield, MN 55057. Carleton College is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.

Cathy Carlson
Director
The Wellness Center
Carleton College
1 N. College Street
Northfield MN 55057
507-646-4080

Posted by farqu008 at 2:48 PM

Hello folks,

I look forward to seeing you at APA. We will have a visiting professor position here at St. Thomas next year plus we will have two full-tiem tenure track positions advertised a bit later.

Please call these to the attention of anyone you think would be qualified, interested and available.

Dave

David Welch, Ed.D., LP, ABPP
Dean, Graduate School of Professional Psychology University of St. Thomas, Rm 451, TMH 1000 LaSalle Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55403-2005
651-962-4663

Posted by farqu008 at 2:43 PM

Join MCPA (MN College Personnel Association)

Dear CSPP Students, attached please find information about the MCPA (Minnesota College Personnel Association) conference and Case Study Competition. These are excellent professional development opportunities.

Download file

Pat McCarthy Veach

Posted by farqu008 at 10:59 AM

Current Students Needed for Orientation

Dear CSPP students:

Greetings!

The CSPP orientation for the new students will be held on Aug. 30 (Wednesday) this year. And we would like to ask for your help to make this event beneficial for the new students. In the morning (10:50-12:00), we would need some student volunteers to speak in the panel. The panelists, along with the faculty members, will respond to questions proposed by the new students. In the afternoon (1:00-2:30), we would need three master’s students and three doctoral students to speak in the master’s panel and the doctoral panel, respectively. Again, the panelists will answer questions generated by the new students.

If you would like to volunteer as a panelist and share your experience with the new students, please contact Juihsien Kao at hung0047@umn.edu. Please indicate the section (morning/afternoon) that you will be able to attend. Thank you very much!
*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Posted by farqu008 at 10:57 AM

Research Participants Needed

Dear Training Director:

My name is Krista Damann and I am a doctoral student at the University at Albany, State University of New York, under the direction of Dr. Micki Friedlander and Dr. LaRae Jome. I am conducting a research study for my dissertation on multiracial identity, more specifically, my goal is to learn more about different identification options for multiracial people and the impact that these various identities may have. It’s my hope that this study will increase awareness and sensitivity to the unique challenges and benefits associated with a multiracial identity among scholars and mental health professionals.

I am writing to request your help in recruiting participants for my study by forwarding the attached email to your listserv or to individuals that have parents or grandparents from two or more distinct racial backgrounds, or individuals who identify with more than one racially defined group in the U.S., and are at least 18 years of age.

Participation would involve completing six brief questionnaires, which should take a total of 20-25 minutes. Those who participate in the study will have the opportunity to enter a drawing for one of two $50 gift certificates to Amazon.com.

This study has been approved by the University at Albany’s Institutional Review Board. If you have questions about the research, please contact Krista Damann, at (518) 442-5040 or at kristabutterfly@hotmail.com. If you have questions concerning your rights as a participant, please contact the Research Compliance Office, Office of Sponsored Programs, University at Albany, at (518) 437-4569.

Thank you in advance for your time and contribution to my study!

Krista Damann

Doctoral Candidate

Posted by farqu008 at 10:30 AM