The Melissa Sullivan Endowed Internship/Practicum with Children & Families has been established to honor Melissa Sullivan, a CSPP student who graduated with the M.A. degree in 2001. She died unexpectedly in December 2001. The Sullivan family established the endowment in honor of Melissa and to encourage the training of students to work with children and families. The student selected will receive $10,000 during the 2012-2013 academic year.
-Work in an internship/practicum site with children and families during the 2012-2013 academic year
-CSPP MA or PhD student
-Have a strong academic record.
-Financial need is a secondary consideration.
TO APPLY, please submit:
-A completed Application for the Melissa Sullivan Fellowship;
-An unofficial copy of your graduate transcript.
Deliver the above materials to:
Educational Psychology - CSPP
250 Education Sciences Building
56 East River Rd.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
DEADLINE: Materials must be received by 4pm, Wednesday, March 27, 2013.
PLEASE NOTE: The CSPP Scholarship committee will screen these applications and identify up to three finalists. The finalists will be asked to submit additional materials to the Melissa Sullivan Fellowship Committee off campus. That committee will determine the scholarship recipient.
No materials are to be requested from CSPP staff (Mary or Shawn).
All materials are to be submitted in a manila envelope to Shawn in 250 EdSciB.
All questions are to be directed to Dr. Thomas Skovholt, Co-Chairperson of the CSPP Scholarship Committee.
The application for the Melissa Sullivan Endowed Internship/Practicum with Children & Families can be found at this link:Sullivan Scholarship Application 2013.doc
SASS plans to hire 2-3 new instructors for next year. Principal consideration will be given to applicants submitting by Thursday, 2/21/13.
SASS instructor posting is now up online (search for requisition # 182965)
Attendees: Tom Allen, Sandra Newton, Krista Redlinger-Grosse, Drew Benson, Dustin Brockberg and Caroline Burke
Topics of Discussion
a. Updates from class
• 1st year Masters (Dustin)
i. Involved in practicum searches
1. Many have found that the listed options are for advanced practicum students
2. Plan was made to circulate informal list amongst 2nd year Master's students re: current site and details of that practicum
ii. End of the year gathering?
1. Grad CEHD funds
iii. Are there ways to prepare for 2nd year?
1. Relax (Self-Care), discuss with practicum suggestions for preparation, contact faculty if interested in research opportunities
iv. Honoring Kay given upcoming leave - will there be an event? This is being discussed
• 2nd year Masters (Tom)
i. LPC/LPCC questions remain
1. Visited Board (BBHT) and proposed asking someone to come to CSPP to answer questions
ii. Master Comprehensive Exam questions
1. Email re: when/how to sign up
2. 2-4 hour exam, 200 questions that is graded on a curve depending on the highest score
iii. Is there a CSPP graduation event separate from CEHD?
1. CSPP has a reception with the Department of Ed Psych on the day of Graduation and other events are welcome
• 1st year Doctoral (Drew)
i. Potential Thailand trip for cohort
ii. Potential option for funding - GAPSA
• 2nd year Doctoral (Sandy/Krista)
i. Internal Communication - Sandy will look into developing a Google group to post information about talks etc.
b. Update from faculty (Carrie)
• Review of Masters Applications at Faculty Meeting
i. Hoping to establish a cohort of 30
• Dr. Romano is on phased-retirement for spring semester
• Dr. Turner is at Directors of Training Program Meeting in Austin, TX
• Preparation for APA site visit
i. Self-study work is ongoing - alumni survey
• Dr. Skovholt has applied for sabbatical next year
i. Coverage for courses is being worked on
• Viability of PhD Program continues to be discussed.