Attendees: Tom Allen, Sandra Newton, Krista Redlinger-Grosse, Drew Benson, Dustin Brockberg and Caroline Burke
Topics of Discussion
a. Updates from class
• 1st year Masters (Dustin)
i. Involved in practicum searches
1. Many have found that the listed options are for advanced practicum students
2. Plan was made to circulate informal list amongst 2nd year Master's students re: current site and details of that practicum
ii. End of the year gathering?
1. Grad CEHD funds
iii. Are there ways to prepare for 2nd year?
1. Relax (Self-Care), discuss with practicum suggestions for preparation, contact faculty if interested in research opportunities
iv. Honoring Kay given upcoming leave - will there be an event? This is being discussed
• 2nd year Masters (Tom)
i. LPC/LPCC questions remain
1. Visited Board (BBHT) and proposed asking someone to come to CSPP to answer questions
ii. Master Comprehensive Exam questions
1. Email re: when/how to sign up
2. 2-4 hour exam, 200 questions that is graded on a curve depending on the highest score
iii. Is there a CSPP graduation event separate from CEHD?
1. CSPP has a reception with the Department of Ed Psych on the day of Graduation and other events are welcome
• 1st year Doctoral (Drew)
i. Potential Thailand trip for cohort
ii. Potential option for funding - GAPSA
• 2nd year Doctoral (Sandy/Krista)
i. Internal Communication - Sandy will look into developing a Google group to post information about talks etc.
b. Update from faculty (Carrie)
• Review of Masters Applications at Faculty Meeting
i. Hoping to establish a cohort of 30
• Dr. Romano is on phased-retirement for spring semester
• Dr. Turner is at Directors of Training Program Meeting in Austin, TX
• Preparation for APA site visit
i. Self-study work is ongoing - alumni survey
• Dr. Skovholt has applied for sabbatical next year
i. Coverage for courses is being worked on
• Viability of PhD Program continues to be discussed.