October 25, 2013

Student Travel Funding

We are pleased to announce that the Educational Psychology Department is allocating funds for reimbursement of student travel this year. Award amounts will be up to $250 per student per year.

To qualify for these funds:

• You must be an active Educational Psychology graduate student.
• You must travel to and present at a national or international conference or professional meeting.
• Your faculty advisor must approve the travel.

Please note that these funds may not be used for state or regional conferences nor can they be used for training or workshop participation.

We do not reimburse for poster printing, however the CEHD Dean's Office in Burton Hall can do wide format printing for posters. This is a free service to faculty, staff, and students if the poster is related to the college (i.e. conference, display, research). Go to http://sky.cehd.umn.edu/communicate/going-to-a-conference-or-fair/ for contact and formatting information.

To receive reimbursement, you must submit:
• Student Travel Funding Request form (http://www.cehd.umn.edu/edpsych/forms/default.html)
• Proof of attendance (conference badge)
• A copy of the conference program showing your presentation
• Original receipts for expenses for which you are requesting reimbursement (do not include meal receipts).
• Signed and completed expense reimbursement form (available at http://policy.umn.edu/Policies/Finance/Travel/TRAVEL_PROC02.html). Be sure to include detailed information about your travel: who, what, when, where and why (for example: I traveled to Indianapolis, IN to present a poster at the national meeting of ABC Society, December 1-3, 20xx). In addition, include a sentence on how your presentation benefits your research or project. Detailed instructions are available at http://policy.umn.edu/prod/groups/president/@pub/@forms/@procurement/documents/form/um1612instructions.pdf.

Submit to your program staff within 30 days after the conference.

Last date to submit for reimbursement is June 5.

Other possible sources for student travel funding:
• GradSEHD (http://www.tc.umn.edu/~gradsehd/index_files/Page517.htm)
• Council of Graduate Students (http://www.cogs.umn.edu/index.html)
• GAPSA (https://sites.google.com/a/umn.edu/gapsa/home/grants/scholarly-travel-grants)

Posted by bouch004 at October 25, 2013 3:33 PM