Wieblen.zip

Italian 1004 Powerpoint

Download file

Volunteer Blog

I don’t have anything profound to write in here. I think this whole aspect of the blog prompts just sort of slipped past me without my becoming aware of it. At first I really didn’t understand what it was you all wanted from the ‘volunteer’ aspect of the blog. By the end I think I understood but it was too late. I was waiting for some sort of prompt or mention of when we should start our volunteer journals in class and simply put it didn’t happen. I don’t remember it being mentioned again until the last few weeks of class when Ozayr berated us for not doing it and made a point of emphasizing that the assignment was in the syllabus. I looked back in the syllabus and indeed it was. I wondered how I could have possibly missed it. Then I realized that it was a combination of both my lack of assertiveness in not asking what was expected of us and Ozayr/TA’s not actually clearly defining what was expected of us that led to what I am going to assume is a significant portion of the class in failing to do most of this assignment. In which case I hope the course is going to be graded on a curve.

Continue reading "Volunteer Blog" »

MDG Project PDFs

Cover Page
Table of Contents
Introduction Page
Goal
Region
Realm
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21
Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
Page 25
Page 26
Page 27
Bibliography

Grand Old Suburbia

The built environment is everything that is not natural. The built environment is a reorganization of the world by human consciousness. I live and am immersed almost completely in the built environment. How can it not affect who I am?
Of course an environment can have a plethora of different meanings. Man has built many things: houses, societies, civilizations.

build bɪld - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bild] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, built or (Archaic ) build•ed; build•ing; noun
–verb (used with object)
1. to construct (esp. something complex) by assembling and joining parts or materials: to build a house.
2. to establish, increase, or strengthen (often fol. by up): to build a business; to build up one's hopes.
3. to mold, form, or create: to build boys into men.
4. to base; found: a relationship built on trust.

Is the environment physical, as in the buildings around me? Does it include the metaphysical, as in the society in which I live?

Continue reading "Grand Old Suburbia" »

Things to do before I die:

Write a book.

book_by_AlphaONE666.jpg

Get in a bar fight.

Kiss in the rain.

kiss_in_the_rain_by_scrivyscriv.jpg

Write a song.

Continue reading "Things to do before I die:" »

There is nothing left to lose.

GOAL 7: Ensure environmental sustainability.

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance"
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

ebc263cd8fa5e36f.jpg

I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed there would be no more war.
-Abbie Hoffman

Continue reading "There is nothing left to lose." »

Social Design Issue: My Roommate

Blog Prompt #2

update: Not to be outdone, my former roommate actually managed to assault one of her friends, slashing her in the face so badly that paramedics had to come. She was escorted out of the dorm by two police officers. Will she get kicked out? Dunno, but lord knows the world is fucked when that chick walks the street...

n199110191_31690687_5726 copy.jpg

Ex-Roommate, actually.

Honestly, it was the first thing that came to mind. I’m sure it’s a petty thing to say, but since all but a handful of people are NOT going to be reading this I figure I can say it without the whole world retaliating against me. If you met her I don’t think you would blame me, though. I figure as long as I keep her anonymous and don’t slander her actual name I could potentially be within appropriate moral boundaries.

Continue reading "Social Design Issue: My Roommate" »

All hail web developers

Do you know what a flaming bitch it is to work with movable type?? I find the idea that we should design the layout of our own blogs preposterous after having done so I can say with all conviction that it was more effort than it was worth. HTML and CSS can kiss my lily white ass.

Kiss_Ass_.jpg

I would highly suggest using this plugin: http://styles.movalog.com/generator/generator.php to aid in the process, without which I could not have done this at all, but be wary I didn't get to my own final product without extensive tweaking.

The Tokyo Zoo

BLOG PROMPT #1

I could try to write something impressive. But I'm not an impressive person. Well maybe I am but not in the sense that architects and the many potento-architects (yes, I did make up that term and while I'm spouting crap I might as well mention that I loathe the pretentious air that seems to pervade the profession of architecture. Architects make buildings, not babies, it's not that mind-blowing...) in this class seem to revere. There's a list of men that I'm supposed to know about. I don't know about them. I live right next to the Weisman so I ought to know something about Frank Gehry

Photobucket

...I haven't stepped into that building since I went on a field trip there in fifth grade.

Continue reading "The Tokyo Zoo" »