Grand Old Suburbia

The built environment is everything that is not natural. The built environment is a reorganization of the world by human consciousness. I live and am immersed almost completely in the built environment. How can it not affect who I am?
Of course an environment can have a plethora of different meanings. Man has built many things: houses, societies, civilizations.

build bɪld - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bild] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, built or (Archaic ) build•ed; build•ing; noun
–verb (used with object)
1. to construct (esp. something complex) by assembling and joining parts or materials: to build a house.
2. to establish, increase, or strengthen (often fol. by up): to build a business; to build up one's hopes.
3. to mold, form, or create: to build boys into men.
4. to base; found: a relationship built on trust.

Is the environment physical, as in the buildings around me? Does it include the metaphysical, as in the society in which I live?

Continue reading "Grand Old Suburbia" »

Social Design Issue: My Roommate

Blog Prompt #2

update: Not to be outdone, my former roommate actually managed to assault one of her friends, slashing her in the face so badly that paramedics had to come. She was escorted out of the dorm by two police officers. Will she get kicked out? Dunno, but lord knows the world is fucked when that chick walks the street...

n199110191_31690687_5726 copy.jpg

Ex-Roommate, actually.

Honestly, it was the first thing that came to mind. I’m sure it’s a petty thing to say, but since all but a handful of people are NOT going to be reading this I figure I can say it without the whole world retaliating against me. If you met her I don’t think you would blame me, though. I figure as long as I keep her anonymous and don’t slander her actual name I could potentially be within appropriate moral boundaries.

Continue reading "Social Design Issue: My Roommate" »

All hail web developers

Do you know what a flaming bitch it is to work with movable type?? I find the idea that we should design the layout of our own blogs preposterous after having done so I can say with all conviction that it was more effort than it was worth. HTML and CSS can kiss my lily white ass.

Kiss_Ass_.jpg

I would highly suggest using this plugin: http://styles.movalog.com/generator/generator.php to aid in the process, without which I could not have done this at all, but be wary I didn't get to my own final product without extensive tweaking.