| Main | So I am Superwoman...

I am not superwoman

So I haven't blogged in awhile since I'm trying to survive taking 16 credits and working. Once again I have come to the realization that I am not superwoman and just because someone else can do it does not mean I am capable of doing it - and THAT IS OK! While trying to study for my totally ridiculous social and personality test I was overwhelmed with all the stress. Yes it is my fault that I let it all build up because I haven't studied as much as I should have these last weeks but I've also thought about it and cried about it and decided this is too much. Going from 6 to 2 to 16 credits does not work. Unfortunately I will learn this lesson with a "W" on my transcript and the loss of $942 in financial aid but maybe I will gain some of my sanity back. I see a point to this 13 credit policy thing but it forces students who need to work to take on a lot. I'm not against working hard because I am a hard working person but there is a point where it becomes too much. I think if it hadn't of been for the stupid class that tests you on 5 1/2 chapters I might have survived my 16 credits. The thing that makes me mad is it is taught by 2 grad students and you would think they would understand what being a student is like but I think they are on a power trip. Yes, I realize they have requirements and have to get through a certain amount of material but they could space things out more evenly because 5 1/2 chapters is absolutely ridiculous. And the in-class assignments they give are ridiculuous. All this whining makes me sound like a lazy person but I'm not - I got my AA degree, graduated on the honor roll, was a member of the honors society and a member of the honors program. I worked at the same time and tutored for FREE so I know that I can't be called lazy. I guess I'm trying to justify this whining to myself...

Posted by estr0043 at October 5, 2005 12:31 AM

I think consistency belongs to the most important things to produce a name for one self...whether it's consistency in how often you web log, comment, connect with persons, etc. It's all concerning consistency.

Posted by: Rosann Tomlin at January 15, 2011 1:22 AM