If guys would just think... | Main | Funny stories and not so funny...

Get out of my neighborhood!

This morning my roommate left and went outside to go get in her car and found her car was no longer there. Her car was stolen sometime last night with her winter jacket and cds in it. I am almost certain she will never see that car again. It was an older honda civic so its probably sitting in someone's garage in a million peices. I guess there has been a lot of civics stolen in this neigborhood lately because the thieves want the VIN numbers off the cars. It really sucks for my roommate because she only had liability insurance so she is stuck with no car and no money to get a new car. I've lived in this neigborhood for a little over a year and have felt pretty safe. Now I don't want to go outside when its dark. Drug deals have been going on around the corner and now cars are being stolen and broken into. All of a sudden all these creepy characters have shown up in this neighborhood and I want them gone! I know this is the city and crime is going to happen but there has to be some way to get these people out of here and get it back to what it was. I don't want to be afraid to walk out to my car when I leave at 5am for work and its still dark or when I get home late at night. I don't want to worry about my car outside. I work hard for what I have and I don't want it to be taken away from me! I guess many neighbors have been calling the police and everytime the police ask them for license plate numbers and pictures. Only one neighbor has been brave enough to go get the license plate numbers and take pictures. But he is also a large man. I'm only 5'2 so I don't think I want to get myself into a bad situation. I have decided that I am going to find a way to get some of these people out of this neighborhood. I don't want to be scared when i walk outside and I don't think I should have to be just because I live in the city. If I wanted to put up with this I would have moved to a bad part of Minneapolis and paid less rent!

Posted by estr0043 at November 20, 2005 10:42 PM