August 2005 | Main | October 2005

I'm trying to figure out how to add more stuff to my schedule. I need to do more stuff relating to my major such as community service and research work but finding the time to do it is too hard. I guess I could just become the typical college student surviving on caffeine pills...which I am almost doing now. I really want to work in a research lab that one of my professors runs but I just can find the time to fit in another 8 hours into my schedule which is really sad. I suppose I kind of did this to myself since I work a lot but I don't want to be poor! I should be able to graduate with my undergrad with less than $15,000 in loans and hopefully a car thats paid off. I've had people ask me why I do this to myself but I guess now I don't know anything else than this chaotic schedule. I find myself sleeping all the time and getting depressed if I don't have enough stuff to do. I guess I'm just one of those people that thrives with stress. I think my mom's the same way. My roommate complains that she's so busy and she works a lot but I have harder classes and I work more and my parents don't help me pay my bills...So sometimes I ask myself if I'm jealous of the people that have help from their parents and I guess a small part of me is but then I know that I got myself where I am today without full assistance from my parents and I'm glad that they raised me to be this responsible and had me paying for things once I started earning money. I don't think I will tell them this for a few years though...

Posted by estr0043 at 9:46 PM

I really dislike teachers that are not willing to help you out. I took ASL a year ago and I have forgot a lot. Well I made the mistake of mentioning this to my teacher and now he is making me go to his supervisor and have an informal assessment. Something else I have to do since I have all the extra time in the world. I know I can pass this class and do well. Sure it will take some extra work on my part but I know I can do it. I really don't think he wants me in the class now and I don't like that attitude! Now it makes me really want to stay in the class and do well so I can prove him wrong. I had sent him an email asking about the ASL tutor and the media library and he chose to ignore that part of the email. I'm willing to work hard and he is just ignoring that! Grrrr.

Posted by estr0043 at 11:00 PM

Roommates

My roommate moved out yesterday. We got along pretty good but I'm kinda glad she's gone cause she was messy and it was really getting irritating cleaning up after her. My new roommate moves in tomorrow. This will be my 3rd roommate in a year. It's definitely been an interesting experience this past year! I think this one will work out good though. She seems really nice. All of my roommates have been total strangers before they moved in and for some reason this does not scare me at all. I get so busy I don't see much of my roommates anyway which works out pretty good when you don't like them. My first roommate was horrible and she made me so upset that I would do everything to not be at home. I worked 12 hour days and sometimes 7 days a week and then I would go somewhere after work. It worked out pretty well except I was extremely tired! But good money! I have so many roommate stories - probably more than most people have after only a year. Most of them come from the first roommate that only lived with me for 5 months before I asked her to leave. She had issues. She had to have everything arranged symetrically. She would rearrange everything - even the magnets on the fridge. Then there was the familly pictures she suddenly decided to put everywhere but her room....

Posted by estr0043 at 9:28 PM