September 2005 | Main | November 2005

What is the point of washing dishes? In my world the point of washing dishes is so that next time you use them they are clean and FREE OF FOOD FROM LAST TIME YOU USED THEM. In my roommates world something is a little off. I asked her the other day if some dishes just bypassed the soap and water scrubbing because there were still little chunks of food on the plate. EWWWW. Her response was to roll her eyes at me. I don't think I am the only person in this world that likes to have clean dishes! I'm sure I miss something once in awhile because I like everyone else am not perfect (although I would like to think I am) but when I put the dishes away that I washed they seem to be "particle free." It's only a problem if it happens all the time which it is...so now I think well I'm going to go have some chicken for dinner and hey maybe there will be some leftover mac and cheese on the plate from last week to go with it!

Posted by estr0043 at 4:37 PM

So I am Superwoman...

Well not really superwoman but I think I'm getting close. I finally came to my senses after crying for 2 days and getting nothing done. I decided not to drop the class I talked about before the morning of the test. So I went and took the test and definetly thought I failed it but I decided as long as I passed the class I would be fine. Well I got the grade back today and somehow I managed a "B." I'm not sure how I managed that but I did. That test was horrible. It took me an hour to finish it and most people didn't have time to finish. There were 6 short answer/essay questions. Crazy! But I'm happy I passed and didn't do to bad. I did ok on my other tests too. I'm finding now that when I get really stressed that the best thing to do is to go to bed and listen to "calm" music. I think the onlyl calm music I have is Coldplay and John Mayer but hey that works. My roommate keeps trying to get me to listen to Enya but I can't stand Enya. It's almost equivalent to fingernails on a chalkboard!

Posted by estr0043 at 11:08 PM

I am not superwoman

So I haven't blogged in awhile since I'm trying to survive taking 16 credits and working. Once again I have come to the realization that I am not superwoman and just because someone else can do it does not mean I am capable of doing it - and THAT IS OK! While trying to study for my totally ridiculous social and personality test I was overwhelmed with all the stress. Yes it is my fault that I let it all build up because I haven't studied as much as I should have these last weeks but I've also thought about it and cried about it and decided this is too much. Going from 6 to 2 to 16 credits does not work. Unfortunately I will learn this lesson with a "W" on my transcript and the loss of $942 in financial aid but maybe I will gain some of my sanity back. I see a point to this 13 credit policy thing but it forces students who need to work to take on a lot. I'm not against working hard because I am a hard working person but there is a point where it becomes too much. I think if it hadn't of been for the stupid class that tests you on 5 1/2 chapters I might have survived my 16 credits. The thing that makes me mad is it is taught by 2 grad students and you would think they would understand what being a student is like but I think they are on a power trip. Yes, I realize they have requirements and have to get through a certain amount of material but they could space things out more evenly because 5 1/2 chapters is absolutely ridiculous. And the in-class assignments they give are ridiculuous. All this whining makes me sound like a lazy person but I'm not - I got my AA degree, graduated on the honor roll, was a member of the honors society and a member of the honors program. I worked at the same time and tutored for FREE so I know that I can't be called lazy. I guess I'm trying to justify this whining to myself...

Posted by estr0043 at 12:31 AM