October 2005 | Main | January 2006

Get out of my neighborhood!

This morning my roommate left and went outside to go get in her car and found her car was no longer there. Her car was stolen sometime last night with her winter jacket and cds in it. I am almost certain she will never see that car again. It was an older honda civic so its probably sitting in someone's garage in a million peices. I guess there has been a lot of civics stolen in this neigborhood lately because the thieves want the VIN numbers off the cars. It really sucks for my roommate because she only had liability insurance so she is stuck with no car and no money to get a new car. I've lived in this neigborhood for a little over a year and have felt pretty safe. Now I don't want to go outside when its dark. Drug deals have been going on around the corner and now cars are being stolen and broken into. All of a sudden all these creepy characters have shown up in this neighborhood and I want them gone! I know this is the city and crime is going to happen but there has to be some way to get these people out of here and get it back to what it was. I don't want to be afraid to walk out to my car when I leave at 5am for work and its still dark or when I get home late at night. I don't want to worry about my car outside. I work hard for what I have and I don't want it to be taken away from me! I guess many neighbors have been calling the police and everytime the police ask them for license plate numbers and pictures. Only one neighbor has been brave enough to go get the license plate numbers and take pictures. But he is also a large man. I'm only 5'2 so I don't think I want to get myself into a bad situation. I have decided that I am going to find a way to get some of these people out of this neighborhood. I don't want to be scared when i walk outside and I don't think I should have to be just because I live in the city. If I wanted to put up with this I would have moved to a bad part of Minneapolis and paid less rent!

Posted by estr0043 at 10:42 PM

If guys would just think...

So I didn't hear from or see the guy in my last post for almost a week. That's pretty bad considering I work with him. (Yes I am aware that is a very bad idea!) He works in another buiding so its not like I'll just pass by him in the hallway. Finally I emailed him on Monday and talked to him and told him he was on my shit list. He didn't really understand why. His excuse for not calling was that he was really busy. That is the WORST excuse in the world. Now that there are cell phones there is no such thing as not having any time to call someone. I just don't get it. I told him that if whatever is going on is going to continue that he needs to figure out how to pick up a phone. He said he will but I don't really believe him. I'm thinking I just need to not give him the time of day now because I think he thinks I will let this continue. I think it will get to him if I don't bother to email him or call him because he no longer gets the attention he wants. Oh well looks like I'll be going to the company christmas party alone...

Posted by estr0043 at 5:10 PM

The Question Every Girl wants an answer to...

So I know many girls ask this but I'm going to ask it anyway even though I am well aware of the fact I am not going to get an answer. Why must guys torture us by not calling us back? I just don't understand. Many guys will say they just don't like talking on the phone but I think its for another reason. What that reason is I don't know. I think if it is really because they just don't like talking on the phone they should just call us anyway because we spend a lot of time getting ready for when we go out or even when they come over just to hang out. Girls always over analyze stuff and we simply can't stop over analyzing so I think guys need to change so we can stop driving ourselves crazy. I know wishful thinking...

Posted by estr0043 at 8:24 PM

Idiots at work

So there is this lady at work who I really don't like - actually no one that knows her well enough likes her. She keeps getting her jobs taken away from her because she doesn't finish them and she can't keep up with the workload. She is very good at wasting time. Well her projects get pushed onto other people and eventually they get to me. I was helping to file some documents and came across some comments she wrote on them that were about me and how she had to talk to me about not doodling and highlighting on documents. I was so mad! I have worked there 3 years and I know better than this. This document that she wrote on is an important document and many people use these documents so a lot of people can see them. Although she did not put my name she might as well of. So I told many people about this cause I was pissed. Her boss knows (although he isn't worth anything himself...) and I went to HR. She seems to get away with everything so I am sure she will get away with this. This has been making me mad all weekend. I hate being blamed for stuff I didn't do and this one is actually on paper! Tomorrow I decided I am going to look at other documents to see if she wrote on anymore of them. Also I am going to ask that a retractive comment be made on that document. I have a feeling her boss is going to tell me that I need to let it go and that she has been talked to about it but I won't let it go until that comment is crossed out or a note is made saying that comment was invalid.

Posted by estr0043 at 8:38 PM

I want to be a kid again

Lately I've been wishing I was a kid again (what adult doesn't). On Halloween I was thinking about how much I used to love it. Wearing a costume was so much fun and the fact that you got to wear it at school was the best thing ever! I worked on halloween and I only wore devil horns because I was afraid I would be told that costumes could not be worn. Lately they are just adding more rules at work to make us hate it...Anyways all holidays used to be great. The last couple of Christmas' have just kind of sucked. I used to love Christmas just because everyone seemed so happy. The presents weren't the reason I liked it - it was just the atmosphere of the decorations and the tree and snow. Now its just like decorations are there but the've lost the fun feelings they used to have when I was younger. Maybe because when your a kid you have a much happier and magical outlook on the world. No bills to pay, no worries of failing college and not graduating...

Posted by estr0043 at 12:35 AM