Second Blog

WHEN RATING MYSELF BASED ON GOLEMAN'S PERSONAL AND SOCIAL EMOTIONAL COMEPTENCES I WOULD SAY I WAS ABOUT A 3 OUT OF 5 MAYBE EVEN 4 OUT OF 5. THAT IS RATHER HIGH OF A RATING BUT I WOULD CONTRIBUTE IT TO MY RELIGIOUS BACKGROUND AND WHAT I BELIEVE AS A CHRISTIAN. STRIVING TO BE A "GOOD PERSON" IS ONE MY PRIORITIES EVERY DAY. "GOOD PERSON" I KNOW IS A VAGUE TERM BUT BY IT I MEAN EXACTLY WHAT GOLEMAN TALKS ABOUT. OVERALL I AM AWARE OF WHO I AM AS A PERSON AND CONFIDENT. CONSTANTLY I SELF REFLECT ON THE WAY I INTERACT WITH PEOPLE AS WELL AS HOW THAT INTERACTION FEELS WITHIN ME. MY MOTIVATION IS MY CHRISTIANITY STRIVING TO BE CHRIST LIKE, AND EMPATHY GOES RIGHT ALONG WITH THAT GOAL. THUS FAR IN LIFE I HAVE DONE WELL WHEN IT COMES TO EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE YET MY WEAKNESS I'D HAVE TO SAY IS SOCIAL SKILLS WHICH I FEEL IS A LARGE PART OF IT. I NEED TO WORK ON BEING MORE OF A LEADER THAT IS CONVINCING AND PERSUASIVE INSTEAD OF A PERSON WHO STEERS CLEAR OF CONFORTATION EVEN IF IT NEEDS TO BE PUT OUT IN FRONT, WHICH IS WHY I'LL GIVE MYSELF A COMPLETE 3 OUT OF 5.

Posted by at September 8, 2005 1:56 PM