Breeze was a Breeze?

What I’ve learned from the virtual groups and working on line though Breeze is that is was fund and very interesting. I have never seen it in my life. I learn something new every day. This experience was something that I would have never had if it weren’t’ for Group Process class taught by Aimee Whiteside at the University of Minnesota. If I go back home my family and friends wouldn’t even know what a virtual group or team was. But now I have this to share I will do so. When time, distance, and or space is an issue than there is always another option, and I’ve learned that meeting virtually is one of those options.

I enjoyed meeting with my group virtually this past Thursday. Our society is really changing the way it works and functions. In the future as well as now I need to make it my job to educate up and coming adolescents about these new forms of technology and the skills that they will need to be most successful while using them. For example, I myself took typing lessons, but while in Breeze I realized that I was rather a slower ‘typer’ than the others, it may have been because I was on a lap top that was harder for me to type on, but at any rate things like tying skills, and being familiar with different computer and online programs is essential in this day and time.

Breeze, was awesome, we all meet together, yet were at different locations, what else does technology have to offer the world of business, and our society as a whole.

Posted by at 2:03 PM

The Big EQ

I have reflected on Dr. Daniel Goleman’s book and believe that Emotional Intelligence is for me… knowing my feelings, what makes me feel a certain way and why, knowing my behaviors and their fluctuations, then managing those feelings and behaviors, understanding others, and using all these abilities as a guide to a successful life and power of the outcome of that life. From becoming familiar with Dr. Goleman’s book I now do believe that Emotional Intelligence is a big predictor of the success that one will obtain. According to the book evidence suggest that it is “as powerful, and at times more powerful, than IQ,” This is why I believe it is so important, especially for me. In the future as I began working with children it is going to be very important that impart in them the significance of being able to relate to others and oneself. Though some of the things that Goleman or EQ declares can be understood as personality characteristics such as empathy, motivation, persistence, warmth and social skills, it is within our human nature ability to change ourselves and learn and grow into new individuals. Basically what I understand is that Emotional Intelligence causes people to have to change their views of what being smart is, it not only about the books.

Posted by at 1:45 PM

My Most Feared Group Role!

Controller? Blamer? Distracter? Ghost? Pleaser? Well none of these roles really sound likes anything that I would want to be within a group, so I a way I guess I fear them all. But to be specific I would most of all fear to be the Blamer. From experience with working in groups the person/s that at the end of the project or assignment who claims they knew of a more successful way to get the job done, are really a bother. I never what to hold back what I thought could have made the group experience a success although I have done it in the past as a ‘pleaser.’ This role I worry about because as I mature and become more assimilated into the adult world group decisions, interactions, and plans are going to be more serious and have a greater impact on others. Thus becoming a blamer and having no group identity or integrity will no guarantee success for me or those I work and come in contact with. I can steer clear of this role in future groups simply by applying the things learned from this Group Process class, as well as taking into account that I am always apart of the group that I am in and that my input counts and is essential to the groups healthy function.

Posted by at 1:11 PM

My Desire of Life

My personal Statement.....To live a life that maintains and promotes Christ, which entails much within itself, but untimately meaning living Prov 1:16, acknowledging God in all my ways that he may direct my path, actions, responses, thoughts, decisions....that I may see is face in peace in the end.

It took me so long to get to this personal statement but now that I have wrote it, it was alright to develop simply because I know I just want to live a life that is pleasing to Christ in every way possible....

Within team and or my carreer as well with any other thing in my life,......my relationship with Christs drives any and everything that I do regarless to what it is.....so with all people I will live a Christ like life, treat and interact with them is a positive and pleasant way, help, love, and demand the respect of a Child Of God, which means just because I saved doesn't mean I'm crazy, I won't let people take advantage of me or walk all over me..........

Posted by at 10:10 AM