What Hasn't Tipped?

Roosters, DOES IT RING A BELL? Probably not, and that is because Roosters’ Chicken place don’t have any stickiness factors along with the lack of other things. I work at a hair salon is St. Paul called Salon Bliss. Almost ever day for lunch someone orders for the entire salon chicken dinners from Roosters. These chicken dinners are the best thing I have every tasted and all those who have tried at the shop feel the same way, but why haven’t Roosters; chicken and fries “tipped.?

Well according to a Maven, Roosters chicken is probably not healthy, well that is definitely a fact, things that taste so good are never really good for you. This same Maven may also believe that the building’s condition, cramp ness, and location is also what contributes to their reason for not considering it a good place to eat. A Maven would say, like many have said already, that “Roosters’ is a whole in the wall.?

Roosters’ chicken is being promoted simply by word of mouth and just haven’t be brought to the attend of a true Connector and successful Sale’s man. For example some times at the shop one of the barbers will do his best to persuade some of the clients to try the chicken, but his efforts fail.

I would recommend that Roosters rebuild a newer, nicer, cleaner restaurant. And come up with some type of jingle, and get a commercial where to most sophisticated people come to Roosters and “CockadoddleDo.? Then I would suggest giving out free samples at the surrounding businesses, and school.

Posted by at 11:08 PM

Reaction to Tipping Point

I really enjoyed the Tipping Point Novel. I was a smooth read and very understandable. What struck me the most though was the idea of "personality talents," is what I'll call them. Just the indentifying of these three different types of people in the world, their capabilities, charateristics, and strengths I found really interesting. When I think about the three types of "The Few" I think opprotunity, THE BIG OPPROTUNITY for a idea, lesson, invention, or anything to tip. I am a person with big Dealines, I won't even call them dreams because they need and must come to past for me to have accomplish the reasons I was put on this earth for, thus knowing the information about "The Few," is very vauable for me.

Looking foward into the near future I can see myself searching for these three types of people within my family, amongst my friends, and in my neighborhood, or on my job. Getting to know these types for people I can anticipate, will be benefical to me as I began to put my ideas and plans into action. What Tipping Point has made aware to me is going to be used for good, not for personal gain, or to get rich, but merely, to get the best, accurate information out there from the Maven, Get the Connector to spead the good findings, vauable info to as many people as possible, and getting the Salesman to persuade all those who have heard the information now to act on it in the apporpriate way they are intended to react!

As you can read I really enjoyed Tipping Point and I will be using it to reference from for years to come!

Posted by at 4:11 PM

My Teaching the Class Experience

This past Tuesday I had the opportunity, along wit four other students from my Group Process Class, to teach the class and what an experience and learning process it was. There were many things I learned about myself and the whole process itself.

Our way of communication was through breeze and once in person outside of the classroom. What I noticed about myself is that I like many other people when in a group one of my many personalities takes over according to the others groups more dominant personalities. By this I mean if I find myself in a group of quiet shy people, I will become more out spoken and take the controller role, but in other groups if there is a controller present then Ill fall in where ever the missing personality is. This is not good all the time; I understand this may be a weakness for me because any group needs my most powerful personality, the one that will provide the most successful contributions to the project or task. For example with this assignment I was apart of a group of people who all knew each other prior to this class, and that were all of the same educational study background, and then on top of that many had controller type personalities. Thus I was the quieter one, pleaser, but still made suggestions here and there. This type of group interaction also can be good in a way, because I was able to learn group dynamics as well.

What I really liked about our group interaction is that everyone knew their different talents and abilities and we connected them all together so that the presentation and preparing of it could go over well. This I believe is what kept everyone motivated to do the best at what they do, and to learn from others who know about other things.

On that note learning from others is very influential and can really help a person out. For example the critiques I received from others about my presentation abilities. Many said that I really did a great job. This will make me continue to keep up good presentation skills in the future. But even if I did get bad critiques I would have did the same thing, tried to better for the next time. The only regrets I have from this teach the class assignment is that I didnt take on a new role, who knows what would have happened it I would have been the controller or leader. In the future I would try to by more involved and try to balance out the personalities within the group, if everyone is into being heard and involved, then I wont just take the role of the pleaser, but jump right in with the big dogs and challenge myself to keep up

Thanks for reading: Have a great Holiday!

Posted by at 2:19 PM