A Dream Come True

Thinking back to my elementary school years, I remember being with my dad while driving around the University of Minnesota campus. While peering out the car window at all the college students and museum-sized buildings, I remember my dad telling me, “Just think Eric, you’ll be going here someday.? At that time, his statement didn’t mean much to me, but as the years advanced I gradually discovered that the U of M would most likely play an integral part in my future.

There was never any pressure from my dad to attend the U of M, but ever since he introduced me to it so many years ago, its presence just seemed natural and welcoming to me. I suppose this is largely due to my semi-frequent trips with my dad to the U of M; over time I just became accustomed to the campus and all of its facets.

It wasn’t until my junior year of high school that I really began to focus on the admission process of the U of M. I took practice ACTs and SATs, and even an extensive two-month ACT preparation class. When fall of my senior year arrived, not a single college except the U of M crossed my mind. I knew that I wanted to major in business, but the Carlson School of Management was a difficult school to be accepted into. After what seemed like months of waiting and nervous anticipation, I finally received an acceptance letter to the Carlson School of Management at the U of M.

It’s been a dream since childhood to attend this great university, and now that I’m here I plan on making the most of it. I’ve acquired a total of 8 credits through AP classes and CIS classes, and so far I think I’m off to a fairly good start. Keeping up-to-date on homework assignments and attending classes are my top priority, and with my strong academic history in high school I think I’ll be able to handle all five of them.