Advanced EndNote Training Session 10/2/08

Next Thursday (October 2 ) the Science and Engineering Library will be hosting an Advanced EndNote Workshop taught by a representative from EndNote. EndNote trainer Doug Nguyen will be in Walter Library, Room 310 from 12:30-1:30 providing answers to questions EndNote users may have about ways to maximize their use of the software.

This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge of EndNote from an expert on the topic. He’ll start with a quick demonstration on how to set up the journals term lists so that EndNote can do full and abbreviated journal names and then he’ll open it up to your questions.

Come and learn more about customizing citation styles, personalizing your database to best fit your needs, and troubleshooting any problems you may have run into using the software.

This class is free and open to the public. If you’re interested, space is limited. Register here: http://www.lib.umn.edu/registration/#eventidXX267.

Library Instruction in Spring Classes

I hope you're all enjoying Winter Break! Just a reminder that if you're teaching a class this spring and would like me to give your students a session on literature searching, library resources, etc. please let me know if you haven't already so I can get you on my calendar.

As always, I can tailor the presentation to an assignment, a certain group of resources, reference management with RefWorks, advanced research needs, or anything else you have in mind. If you're considering this, get in touch with me and we'll figure out what works best for you and your students.

FYI - I'll be out of town next week (January 14th-18th), so if you have any questions related to Spring classes, let me know!

Liz

Library instruction in fall classes - schedule now!

If you're teaching a class this fall and would like me to give your students a session on literature searching, library resources, etc. please let me know ASAP (if you haven't already), as rooms and my calendar and filling up quickly. I can tailor the presentation to an assignment, a certain group of resources, reference management with RefWorks, advanced research needs, or anything else you have in mind. If you're considering this, let me know and we'll figure out something that works best for you and your students.

FYI - I'll be on vacation beginning Thursday 8/16 and won't be back until Monday 8/27, so it would be a good idea to express interest before I leave so I can hold dates for you. We can work out the details later.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!