We are more than halfway through the Minnesota State Fair and fairgoers have once again had many opportunities to experience the University and Extension. Extension's presence at the State Fair represents the many ways we connect with our audiences, from the traditional face-to-face demonstrations to the use of technology to reach people from a distance.
A few Extension highlights of the fair include:
- The 4-H building includes more than 6,000 4-H exhibits and performing arts shows that showcase the knowledge and skills 4-H'ers have acquired throughout the year. See the 4-H website for daily highlights from the State Fair.
- Social media enthusiasts can join the conversation about 4-H at the Minnesota State Fair on Twitter. Follow Minnesota 4-H on Twitter and use "@MN4H" in tweets commenting on 4-H exhibits, workshops and demonstrations (large Twitter wall screens are on display in the 4-H building and the cattle barn).
- About 2,200 "blue ribbon" kids exhibit livestock in the animal barns. Competition results are delivered on the 4-H State Fair Results website, where visitors can stay informed and connected through their handheld devices.
- Master Gardener volunteers are available in the Agriculture Horticulture building to answer gardening questions every day from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Visitors can also watch Master Gardeners present gardening education throughout the day on the Agriculture Horticulture Building stage, The Dirt.
Assistant Dean, Communications