Over the last few weeks, you may have seen examples of the University's Support the U campaign rolling out across the state. The Support the U program invites faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, community members and others to be advocates for the University and tell others about our positive impact in Minnesota and beyond.
The University recently launched a series of regional ads featuring stories from U advocates. Extension's Connie Schwartau, program coordinator in Food Science & Nutrition, and her husband Ron, are featured in the Southwest regional ad.
In support of the university's 2012 legislative advocacy efforts, President Kaler submitted customized op-eds to newspapers statewide that highlight the U's impact on and value to the state of Minnesota and its various regions. Examples of the op-eds from across the state:
- Crookston Times: Viewpoint: Many reasons to support your UMC, your U of M
- Fargo Forum: U of M's value is huge
- Mankato Free Press:My View: U of M is excellence in education
- Rochester Post-Bulletin: Eric W. Kaler : University of Minnesota improves life here, everywhere
- St. Cloud Times: Your Turn: U of M's contribution is invaluable
- Winona Daily News: Consider impact of the University of Minnesota
Assistant Dean and Communications Director