- The 4-H building includes more than 6,000 4-H exhibits and performing arts shows that showcase the knowledge and skills 4-H'ers have acquired throughout the year. See the 4-H website for daily highlights from the State Fair.
- Social media enthusiasts can join the conversation about 4-H at the Minnesota State Fair on Twitter. Follow Minnesota 4-H on Twitter and use "@MN4H" in tweets commenting on 4-H exhibits, workshops and demonstrations.
- About 2,200 "blue ribbon" kids exhibit livestock in the animal barns. Competition results are delivered on the 4-H State Fair Results website, where visitors can stay informed and connected through their handheld devices.
- Master Gardener volunteers are available in the Agriculture Horticulture building to answer gardening questions every day from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Fairgoers can learn about how Master Gardeners contributed to the research on "biochar," a nutrient-rich co-product of a biofuel production process. To help determine biochar's viability as a soil amendment for home gardeners, Master Gardeners are testing its ability to increase productivity in vegetable and flower gardens. Visitors can also watch Master Gardeners present gardening education throughout the day on the Agriculture Horticulture Building stage, The Dirt.
DNR Stage, Sunday, August 26
- Gary Wyatt, Extension educator in natural resource management and utilization, will present "Controlling woody invasive plants" at 11 a.m.
- Jeff Hahn, Extension entomologist, will present "Be on the watch for these invasive insects" at 1 p.m.
- John Loegering, Extension educator in environmental science education, will present "Birdwatching basics" at 3 p.m. (John will be available to talk with fairgoers at the U of M building at 5 p.m. on the same day.)
Christensen Farms Stage, Tuesday, August 28
- Gary Reuter, Extension entomologist, will present "Honeybees, beekeeping and research" at 10 a.m.
For a complete schedule and map of university events that will be taking place at the fair, see U at the State Fair
Communications and Public Relations Manager