The April upgrade of the PeopleSoft HR, Finance and Student Systems will affect nearly everyone at the University. The University's upgrade website provides extensive information. The following articles outline several important dates and actions for Extension employees.
Upgrade: Critical Dates
All Extension employees should note the following critical dates in the upgrade process:
Before April 6
- All purchasing card data must be turned over to the individuals who process them. Please give colleagues who process purchasing cards enough time in advance to complete this task.
- Invoice request forms, which are required to bill customers, should be submitted to allow sufficient time for customer setup.
- Last day to submit paper absence forms for any time taken on or before April 5. After April 6, individuals need to hold absence requests to submit via MyU on or after April 20.
- All March purchasing card data must be reconciled.
- Last day to submit invoices for payment.
- The "cutover" period. During this time, existing and new PeopleSoft systems won't allow data entry. Human Resources is working with hiring authorities to set new hire start dates for new employees scheduled to start during this time.
- Payroll will occur as regularly scheduled.
- Scheduled completion of "cutover" period.
- Only for employees who submit timesheets so they're paid each pay cycle or have exceptions to their work schedules (e.g., overtime or shift differential): Timesheets for pay cycle April 6-19 (or any previous pay period) will be processed the pre-upgrade way. Timesheets must be faxed or scanned and emailed to Extension HR. After this, employees who submit timesheets will enter their information through MyU. Supervisors must log onto the MyU Portal to approve the hours.
- Any employee who had an absence (vacation, sick leave, etc.) during the April 6-19 pay period must log into MyU Portal to log their information. Supervisors must log onto the MyU Portal to approve.
- Supervisors who are ready to post a position should contact Human Resources.