National 4-H Council is now accepting applications for the annual Youth in Action Award to be presented at National 4-H Council's Legacy Awards in Washington, D.C. on April 23, 2015. The Youth in Action Award is one of the highest honors a 4-H'er can achieve.
The award recognizes one remarkable 4-H'er who exemplifies the life-changing impact of 4-H, a young person who demonstrates personal growth, community impact and project excellence through their 4-H experience.
In addition to this great honor, the Youth in Action Award winner will receive:
- Scholarship: A $10,000 scholarship for higher education.
- Public recognition: An all-expenses paid trip to Washington, D.C. to be recognized at Council's Legacy Awards on April 23, 2015. Promotion in the winner's hometown media as the national winner.
- Executive references: Official reference letters from National 4-H Council executives and corporate supporters.
- A shopping experience: A shopping experience (valued at $1,000) to select attire for the Legacy Awards event.
- Spokesperson opportunities: Opportunities to serve as an official 4-H youth spokesperson through national media and events.
If you know of an outstanding 4-H member that fits this criteria, please encourage them to apply for this distinguished award.
Application deadline is Jan. 12, 2015. Please visit the Youth in Action Award website for information on the past winners.
If you have questions, please direct them to Rachel Mentzer at email@example.com.
Associate dean & state 4-H director