Nip/tuck

This show is all about plastic surgery, sex, and violence. If you've ever watched a single episode of this show, you'll know what i mean. most of the show has to deal with a lot of the image problems that people have today. people try and fix these problems simply by throwing money at it and getting things done to their bodys that are unnatural. many times there are side effects and the procedures they do in this show are very odd. there are things in this show that i hope never actually happen in the operating room, they show all the bloody detail as well too

TV Show: House M.D.

Ok so I've been watching the tv show House lately and it seems like a very interesting show. While the show has taken a turn so that you basically have to watch earlier episodes to understand what is currently on. Anyways, this show seems to be mostly about an unorthodox doctor, Gregory House, who is actually a genius and seems to always find the most unlikely and risky diagnosis and it ends up working in the end. He has a severe drug addiction to Vicoden that he has to deal with all the time. He is extremely sarcastic and loves making fun of people. he usually finds out the problems by talking to people that have regular problems and having an epiphany and making a connection between them. He is a very witty person and will do anything to solve a case, including breaking in to people's houses.

the UP series

First of all i cant believe they have had this series going since these kids were 7 and now they have one at 49 with them still coming back. it is amazing to see how some of them have turned out. Their different philosophies on life and how things turn out are amazing. I especially enjoyed the story of the jockey. he was also kind of different from everyone else and was a little humorous as well. i might actually get some more of those videos just to see what they look like, and what theyve become.

classes next semester

It was nice actually knowing what i was doing this time around when i was picking out my classes. It's a lot easier to actually know what you're taking and what classes you can take. I'm hoping this next semester will go a little better than the first semester as far as my schedule goes

Review of Beerfest

So I've recently just watched this movie Beerfest that I meant to watch in theatres, but kinda forgot to go. This movie was just what i thought it was gonna be, which definitely is a good thing. The guys over at Broken Lizard know how to make a good movie. Club Dread, Super Troopers, Beerfest, and Puddle Cruiser know their shit. Even though they use the same main characters in every film, they mix them up a lot by having them play completely different characters in every movie. If you have seen their movies, you'll know what i mean. Anyways, this is a great movie that i enjoyed immensely. being a college student it is a subject that is very interesting to me at this point in my life.

New Phone

Ok so some exciting news in my world, Im getting a new cell phone! It is just something that i have needed for a very long time now, since ive had the one im currently with for 2 years now and its getting a little beat up. Anyways im excited because ill be able to play mp3's on it and do all those other little neat things that they have on the new phones now. Hopefully the new battery will last a lot longer than the one i currently have now too!

christmas

well its getting down to that time when christmas is coming around, i hope everyone has their shopping done soon. christmas time is just about the happiest time of the year. it is at the end of the year, finals are over, nice long break to catch up with friends and family, and just plain have a lot of fun. Snowmobiling and snow are some of the greatest things that come to mind when i think of the break that is to come. I hope everyone else likes it too, if you don't you really shouldn't be living in minnesota. At least around this time of year. At least here you can get the full experience during christmas, and not some warm, palm tree christmas like they have down in the south. Im sorry, but that is just not how christmas is supposed to be!

Snow

what are your favorite things about snow? I know that mine have to be snow forts and snowball fights. Every time we would have something like that, i know that someone is gonna end up walking in the house bloody because someone had the bright idea to pack a little ice in the snow. Afterwards we get to go inside for hot chocolate which was always a good thing

casino part 2

Ok so my journey to the casino this last weekend wasnt one as expected, apparently if the dealer gets blackjack every other hand, it gets a little difficult to win. $60 is enough for me to lose at this point. On the bright side, i guess my girlfriend did win $9, though, so i made her buy me some ice cream to make me feel better. All in all it was still a good time, and hopefully my luck will turn around on my next visit.

Racism and the future

I believe that racism will truly never die out in this world that we live in, not just because of skin color but of general behavior by different races. It is obvious that race goes beyond just the color of our skin. There must be a reason why more black people are perceived as obnoxious and loud than most whites. There are also many other differences like health and athletic ability that defines the races. Someone once said that there will only be a single race eventually in the not too distant future because of how small the world is. There will be a single color, darker than white and lighter than black that everyone will be. I personally think it would make the world boring to have everyone be about the same.

Casino Time part 1

With the kinds of funds most of us college kids have, a trip to the casino should be made a memorable one. This Saturday I plan on going there with my brothers and another friend and they're each gonna give me $30, so 60 altogether, and hopefully I come out a millionaire, scratch that, BILLIONAIRE. I'm just not sure if I want to try my skill, sorry, I mean luck at blackjack or the slots. Texas hold'em poker is always a good possibility too. Well I'll just have to see how it all pans out, hopefully I come back with a full wallet of benjamins!

trackback jacob

Work

Work is something that nobody wants to do but must to keep things going. I have worked in a family-owned factory with big presses and heavy machinery since I was fifteen. I spend ten hours a day standing in front of a machine press that stamps out parts and seems to try and make me go deaf. I put a part in, the machine hits it, and I take a part out. That is what I do ALL DAY; ten hours a day, five times a week. This monotonous work is something that I don't plan on doing all my life because it is extremely boring and taxing on the body, and doesn't pay well enough for me to want to stay in it. This job is why I plan on graduating from college so that I can use my head and my knowledge to do less physical work and more thinking work. I really don't care to be a robot moving metal around all day for the rest of my life, risking my limbs and health.....

Work

Liberty in media

I believe that the media today has all the freedom they need. I just wish that they would show more about the things that really matter in this country, for instance the war in Iraq. I realize that they can't show all of the devestation as they did in Vietnam, but they could at least show us some of the things that are going on over there. There are a lot of people in this country that would like to see what is actually going on over there, and to see what who exactly we are fighting for.