Bounce houses injure children

In a study to look into the how inflatable bounce devices are hurting children, research found that on average a child is injured by an inflatable bounce device every 46 minutes here in the United States. The Center for Injury Research and Policy at Nationwide Children's Hospital conducted the study by analyzing records from the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System database that pertained to emergency room admittances of children 17 and under.

Their findings were very interesting and the data was pooled from a trustworthy source but they did only use a single source. Their quantitative data is leading a push for regulation and recommendations from the medical community.

The title of this article caught my attention. I have never thought of a bounce house as dangerous but indeed they are. This survey is one that will call people's attention and possible draw a policy change, something that I find interesting. Relating back to class, I would be interested in how they came about this research question. I would never consider researching bounce house accident rates, so I wonder what spurred that on.

Original Link
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57554184/bounce-houses-injure-a-u.s-child-every-46-minutes-study-finds/