Attribution Analysis

Attribution Analysis

By Brittany Falkers

In this analysis I looked at and article written by Helene Cooper, "Obama Makes Gains at U.N. on Iran and Proliferation.  

I choose this article in particular because of the way it addresses President Barak Obama.  In the beginning of the article Obama is referred to as President Obama.  However, in the next paragraph he is referred to as Mr. Obama.  This was confusing and made the story smear to an almost distracting, "Mr.", dilemma.

Another President was referred to in this article as well, in first introduction as President Demitri A. Medvedev of Russia, and then in the following as Mr. Medvedev.  

Other attributions I thought were successful and effective in this article.  It used people of prominence and authority to give the story credibility with quotes.  

The majority of the information is from people in this article. 

The attributions are scattered throughout the story, however they are more concentrated toward the end of the story.

In the story the reporter uses a summary before a quote or a type of lead in to what the quote is saying.  I think that this is a very effective way to use attribution to one's advantage.

This page contains a single entry by falke019 published on September 26, 2009 10:17 PM.

Minnesota, a Coen brother's identity was the previous entry in this blog.

Rio de Janeiro, first South American city to host Olympics is the next entry in this blog.