Common Cents

When to trust and when not to trust, that is the question. A human's common sense can be very misconceiving and the "definition" varies between each individual. The book best described the term as naive realism. Meaning the belief that we see the world precisely as it is. (Lilienfeld, Lohr, & Olatanji, 2008; Ross & Ward, 1996). No questions asked, just live their lives seeing and believing everything. Does this make them gullible? Anyways, how we actually go about our common sense is greatly dependent on the individual and his/her actions.

Common sense varies so greatly from human to human, and does so in multiple ways. I would like to narrow it down to how the person acts/reacts in pressured situations and how they solve the problem. Many people in the world are terrible with high pressure real life situations, but when it comes to the books, they are calm, cool, and collect. On the other hand, there's the street smart group that won't hesitate to make a fast decision, but struggle in the class room. Everyone knows people that fit perfectly under each category, but what about the individuals in between? I would like to learn more about common sense and how the human brain reacts to such instances. Since we have been learning about this concept, I have been thinking deeper and deeper into it, trying to understand when we are supposed to take the risk and trust my instinct, or, take a step back and wait to understand the situation. Since I feel like I could place myself somewhere in between the two, I would like to understand when to do the right thing in certain circumstances. Because just because you can, doesn't always mean you should. All in all, common sense is very intriguing concept and I would like to learn more about it.

http://www.justsaypictures.com/common-sense-02.html