Questions for Lincoln Students

I wonder how did you guys felt when you had to walk from home to school and from school to dorm, how did you felt about the the neigbhorhood that you are living in? Do you get enough food and sleep everyday? What do you like/dislike about Lincoln? Any more things that you would want to let me know would be great. Thanks for your time!!!

Posted by at 10:22 PM

Myself

Hi, my name is Corey. I am attending at U of Minnesota for general college right now. I decided to go college because I want to have a good future and life for myself by getting good job. I like to play many different kinds of sports, but basketball, football, and baseball are three of my most favorite sports. I like to play a casnio game called blackjack a lot, few time, i go to casnio and play there. I loses sometime, and i wins sometime. Now you know something about myself.

Posted by at 2:27 PM

How is what we are talking about in our class connecting to your life or to other classes?

The essay that we are working on right now have some relates to my life because the area where Lincoln school is. All of the things that we talked about in our class related to Lincoln that there are many awful things that is happening at there. I knew how it felt to be in that kinds of area/school because there are many shooting that is happening at there. There was one time when I was riding with my parent in the car. All suddenly, one man ran to a car and pointing at the car. My parent drove back and leave the place as quickly as possible. There was other time when I was walking with my friend, a africa american guy ran to him and stole his sidekick (cell phone). We was very unexpecting when this happened. I heard from the television that it says that Minneapolis is the most safest large-size city in USA. Obvious there is some of the other large-size cities in USA are worse than Minneapolis. Still, many things can happens to anybody no matter where you are. In Lincoln area, you need to be extra careful and watch out for yourself. It's interesting that we are talking about during the class, and I had some of the experience myself in those kind of area, i knew it is very horrible area to be at. All people need to do is to watch out for themselves when they are in those kind of area. Our class now have more knowedgle on what kinds of thing that is happening in Lincoln.

Posted by at 3:40 PM

Lincoln Neighorhood Vs. Anne Sullivan Neighborhood

I went to Anne Sullivan from Kindergarten to 8th grade, Anne Sullivan is a elementary and middle school in southeast of Minneapolis; it is pretty close to here, U of M. My neighborhood was not too bad, most of the house was in good shape instead of wrecking houses which is near Lincoln elementary school. I was not really afraid to go out during the night near my home, because there was not a lot of people walking around outside during the night. When I driving throught with my parents, I always feel uncomfortable around the area, where the Lincoln is, even when I am in the car, i keeping wondering if there will be any gangster that will starting shooting and get people killed. The reason I felt like that way because I was riding with my parent near that area, a spanish man pulled his gun out of his pocket and point at a car. The person in the car had to do whatever what the man wanted him to do. My mom back up and drove out of the events as quickly as possible. There are a lot of people dress like a gangster, and I would definitely very afraid to walk through those kind of area during the night, did i forget during the day. It is pretty scary during the day and night, the night usually to be the worse time to be outside near those kinds of area.

Posted by at 4:47 PM

We had talked about Lincoln school and some of the minneapolis public school which show how the location can impact on children's education. How can we know about that, our class check out the stats on school's grades, test scores, and different kinds of informations that you could compare all of the public school in all whole of the state of MN. It was very interesting to comparing the school that is out of twin cities and the school in twin cities. The school who is out of minneapolis or near to minneapolis usually to have higher score on test, grade, and few number of students with reduce lunch. While the minneapols public school have the lowest test scores, grades, and higher number of kids with reduce lunch. See how interesting it is comparing the minneapolis schools and outside of minneapolis schools.

Posted by at 10:01 AM

The Difference between Alexie and Larhonda.

THere are some of the difference between them which is culture, family, social class, and/or gender have in shaping how both these two people view school/education. Like for exmaple,

I am not finish with this blog, yet, i will update it sometime today before 4 pm

Posted by at 9:45 AM

What did you like most/least what we are doing in class?

What i did like the most what we are doing in class is when people gave feedbacks to each other on anybody's their essay. Then we gets to leave the class early, around 4:30, i liked that, haha. Also, i like writing essay for this class and seem that this class have insteresting essay topic. I usually don't like to write a essay in high school because those kinds of topic was so boring. So, i enjoyed basic writing class's topic for the essay so far. The thing that i didn't like what we are doing in class is, i can't think of something. I think that i had enjoyed this class pretty much so far.

Posted by at 9:37 AM