Welcome to Geo-Friends!

Hello,
I've created this blog to help us keep track of information about cartography and geographic information and data resources. The nature of the blog emphasizes on-line information, but please free to share your knowledge as well. You can post text including links to other web pages; complete documents will unfortunately not post. If you have a document, please post a link to the file.

Two initial categories, 'Cartography' and 'Data and Information' help to organize the contributions.

A couple of notes:
1. Anybody can post or read the information in this blog. Treat everything you write as if the whole world could read it. If you're not sure about anything somebody has written be polite and ask them.
2. All the material posted on this blog can be used for any purpose as long as you attribute it, e.g., "From the Geo-Friends Blog at the University of Minnesota, blogs.lib.umn.edu" Your postings and comments also are available under the same CreativeCommons. org license.

The Help function should answer most questions. If you have questions please email me at fharvey@umn.edu.

Finally, I will post some resources in a short while.
Francis