Spring 2010 GIS Internship Opportunity with the Environmental Protection Agency
Paid Spring 2010 GIS Internship with the Environmental Protection Agency!
Come join us for a 15 week-long intensive internship and academic program in Washington, DC! Accepted students receive scholarships covering the cost of The Washington Center's program and housing fee for living in furnished housing while interning for the Environmental Protection Agency. Accepted students will be provided a stipend.
· United States citizenship;
· Currently enrolled as an undergraduate with a GPA of 3.0 or higher; OR enrolled as a graduate student with a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
· Demonstrated experience or coursework in ArcGIS or a similar geographic information systems program;
· Undergraduate students must receive credit for participating in this program (if you have questions regarding this requirement, please contact email@example.com);
· Available for a fifteen-week period beginning January 21st, 2010;
· Demonstrated experience and/or strong interest in working for the federal government.
How to Apply:
Students must submit an online application at http://secure.twc.edu. Once they create a username and log in, they should select "Internship" from the drop-down menu, and select "Apply Now." Under the Personal Information tab, students should select "Government Scholarship Program." Students should check the Environmental Protection Agency box. Students must submit official transcripts to The Washington Center. If they have any concerns, they should contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-238-7729. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with a deadline to submit the application by December 17th, 2009. Transcripts may arrive after this date, provided an application has been submitted.