« "American Gangster" has huge opening weekend | Main | "No Country for Old Men" opens to looooong lines at Uptown Theater »

Peterson runs wild all over Chargers

Rookie running back Adrian Peterson was at it again Sunday. Just weeks after everyone in the media proclaimed that a day like the one Peterson had versus the Bears happens only once in a lifetime, he went out and obliterated that rushing total, amassing a jaw dropping 296 yards in the much needed Vikings' 35-17 win over the San Diego Chargers Sunday. The number now has me wondering if I could ever rush for that many yards - in Xbox, it is simply that remarkable. In Jim Souhan's interview with Darren Sharper Sharper says "what he did in the second half tells you that he might run for 500 yards some day." First of all, I love the quote, its the type that I like to hear from athletes, who we usually get the standard "He played great, but it was a team effort and we gave 110 percent" line from, but secondly, 500? 500? The fact that we are even considering that a back could amount that total is absurd, but as Sports Illustrated's Andrew Perloff suggests Peterson is not only better than Tomlinson, whom Peterson out rushed by more than 250 yards on Sunday, but he may be the most exciting since Barry Sanders. It is incredible to fathom what is happening, teams are stacking 8 in the box, knowing that the Vikings are going to run the ball, for their passing game is the most anemic in the league, and he still tramples all over the opposition. Eric Dickerson's all-time single season rushing record that he set in 1984 is not out of reach...