« I wake up this morning and Santana is still a Twin | Main | Chavez threatens to sue CNN »

It's starting to look a lot like... not Xmas, but car headaches

There really is nothing like the first blissful snow of the winter season, as people can look forward to making snow angels with their daughters and having snowball fights with their sons. Meanwhile, George Fiddler struggles to scrape a thick layer of frozen rain off his windshield after brushing off a foot of snow off of it before that so he can get to work at 5:45 a.m. Sunday morning. It makes me feel a little better to know that a client that he works with just drove from Wisconsin and helped some lady get her Camry out of a ditch, nothing like getting satisfaction out of other people's struggles. Then I read this Strib article and I read about how a woman loves the first snow and really enjoys cozying up by her fireplace and makes me want to throw her in the fire. The Twin Cities weather report reports that only flurries are expected later this week, on Tuesday, which I can find some solace in, but then I glance out the window of my cubicle office and see the sun come up, and think that making snow angels with my daughter might not be so miserable.